Friday, October 4, 2013

Halloween is Upon Us

So, as writers of paranormal fiction, Halloween tends to be a very important--or at the least interesting--holiday. We get to live out our characters, whether they be vampires, ghosts, werewolves or zombies.

 In my case. I get to dress up not only myself but my horse, and play out some creepy character on horseback. Pretty cool huh? Last year, I dressed as one of the "Four Horseman of the Apocalypse," Death! Here are some photos from my horse club's Halloween Costume Contest last year. So, rather than describing my costume, you can see it for yourself:




This year, I decided to go with the Headless Horseman from the classic "Sleepy Hollow." Since there is a brand new TV series on entitled "Sleepy Hollow" (which takes massive liberties with the original story, although their version is Ichabod Crane is rather hot), I got to thinking. Last year I played "Death" from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.... In the new TV show, the Headless Horseman IS Death, one of the Four Horseman... Henceforth, I will be playing the same character as last year, sans head. Except this time I don't have to make my horse look black and skeleton-like because the horse in the new show is white!! All I need to do now is figure out how to get his eyes to glow red!!

No comments:

Post a Comment